Hepworth Framework Privacy Notice
At Hepworth we are committed to providing our customers with clear and transparent information, respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data.
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us, along with how we handle, store and safeguard your data. The following applies to personal data collected via our website https://www.hepworthframework.co.uk, online, telephone, supplied in person or via email facilities.
It is likely our Privacy Notice will change from time to time, we will notify you of any significant changes or you can check it periodically via our website.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your personal data which confirms the reasons why we may collect and process your personal data.
The legal basis for processing our customer’s data is that it is necessary for us to do so for the legitimate interests of Hepworth as well as our customers. Examples of these interests include;
- The supply of goods and services
- Handling of customer queries, cancellations and refunds or complaints
- Promotional communications
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers in relation to their manufacturing guarantee
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Hepworth uses your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and to give you the best possible customer experience, including;
- Processing the orders you place with us
- Responding to our customers queries, refund requests or complaints
- Managing any registered accounts you may hold with us
- Verifying your identity
- Market research purposes
- Crime and fraud prevention
- Complying with any legal and regulatory obligations
- CCTV systems operate in our premises and car park to keep our customers and assets safe
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information from you;
- Your name, gender and contact details, such as billing and delivery address, telephone numbers including mobile numbers and email addresses
- Details of interactions with us via the telephone, online, email or in our showroom
- Your image and car number plate may be recorded at some point when visiting our premises via our CCTV
- Your password(s) should you choose to register with us
- Your usernames on social media platforms should you choose to interact with us via those channels
- Your communication and marketing preferences
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. The main purposes for which cookies are used are to enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, and making our website more convenient for our registered users as they don’t need to provide log-in details every time they access our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take every precaution to protect your information. Our security measures include;
- Security controls that protect our IT infrastructure from unauthorised access or external attack
- Encryption of data
- Internal policies relating to data security and employee training
- Regular security reviews
USERS UNDER 18
If you are under the age of 18 and choose to provide personal data to us, please ensure that you firstly obtain your parent/guardians consent. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal data.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Hepworth will retain your data no longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. The retention period will vary depending on the data and purpose for its collection, however if you have placed an order with us, we will keep the data for the warranty period of that associated product. In most cases this is between 10 – 15 years.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
In some cases, Hepworth will share your personal data with trusted third parties. Examples of these would be;
- Delivery companies
- Credit reference agencies for card payments
- Carefully selected partners who provide Hepworth branded products and services
On occasion Hepworth may need to share your personal data to comply with our legal obligations, to exercise our legal rights and if required with regulatory or government bodies.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED
Hepworth do not transfer any personal data to any third countries or international organisations outside of the European Economic Area.
FOR NON-EU CUSTOMERS
When providing your details to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal data by Hepworth or its third party suppliers. We will need to transfer your data from your country of residence to ourselves and in some cases our carefully selected suppliers within the UK.
You have the following rights;
- To be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you
- To request rectification should any data be incorrect
- To opt out of any marketing communications we send you
- To withdraw consent or object to our legitimate interest once the purpose for collection of your personal data has come to an end
If you have any questions relating to how we process your personal data, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact Data Protection Office, Hepworth Framework Ltd, York Mills, 30 Huddersfield Road, Brighouse HD6 1HA or email email@example.com
We will clearly explain the reason for refusal for any requests that are not actioned, for example in cases where we are processing your personal data on the lawful basis of legitimate interests we may need to continue to process your personal data. In the event you choose to withdraw consent to receive direct marketing, we will always comply with your request.
If you feel your data has not been handled correctly, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. Further information and contact details are available at https://ico.org.uk